Children Under 13 Years of Age.
Some of our online activities are directed to children under 13. When those activities involve the collection of Personal Identifiable Information (“PII”), we provide additional privacy protections. If you are under 13 years of age and wish to enter competitions or send us information for other reasons, you must first get permission from your parent or guardian.
Collection of PII by Al Stone and How We Use It
General: Al Stone collects PII (that is, information such as your full name, e-mail address, mailing address or telephone number) only in order to create or enhance our relationship with you. When we collect PII from you it is because you are voluntarily submitting the information to us in order to participate in activities like contests, games, surveys, subscription registrations, in connection with content or suggestions you submit to us, chats or bulletin boards, or because you want us to furnish you with products, services or information. We may also obtain PII from reputable third parties.
Cookies: Cookies are small bits of information that the Al Stone Web sites place on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the site and enable the operator of the site to make your visits to our Web sites more enjoyable.
The information we collect on Al Stone and the way we use that information includes the following:
- We may use your personal information to investigate a complaint made by another user or any potential breach of Al Stone’s Terms and to prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of, or damage to, Al Stone or the services made available through it and to take appropriate legal action against those responsible.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information.
- We may share your personal information with authorised third parties for the purpose of operating, managing and administering the Accounts and services provided to you through Al Stone. Such third parties include providers of hosting, ecommerce fulfilment, moderation and payment and support services. We may further share and disclose this information with other third parties including our commercial partners from time to time (“Partners”) in order to better integrate their services with Al Stone. Before we share or disclose any of your personal information with our Partners (for example, by linking your account on Al Stonewith your account on a Partner’s service) we will always first ask you for your permission to do so.
- If you are under the age of 16, we will use any personal information we collect from you for internal purposes only.
- We do not send any personal information that we collect about you on Al Stoneto any social networking nor do we share that information with such sites. We do not collect any personal information about you from those sites.
- We will retain the data we hold concerning you for as long as it is necessary to do so. We will retain and/or disclose your personal data to authorised authorities without your consent where we are required to do so under the law.
How Do We Protect Personal Information?
As required by UK Data Protection laws, we follow strict security procedures in relation to the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us in order to protect against unauthorised access. In particular, we use Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) to encrypt all your data. SSL encrypts the information you provide as it travels through the internet. Encryption creates millions of code combinations to protect data on the website, so your information cannot be viewed by anyone else using the internet. Despite using this technology, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you disclose to us. You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security that is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
Parents and Guardians
We encourage you to get involved with your children’s online usage and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating. We also ask you to check back here regularly to see what our latest policies are, particularly those relating to children. You should be aware that if your children voluntarily disclose their names, email addresses or other information on bulletin boards, forums, comment or review or other participatory areas of websites, such disclosures may result in unsolicited messages from other parties. We suggest that you discourage your child from providing such information on these Websites or elsewhere unless you are confident that the information will not be misused.
If you have any concerns regarding privacy issues, please email us at:
© 2020 Al Stone. All Rights Reserved.